Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Downstairs Bathroom

The down stairs bathroom cabinet is a catch all for random things. Living in post housing you don't really have the option to personalize your home as you would if you owned it. So I'm always having to find new places to store stuff. I keep things in that cabinet that most people may not. For example, we store batteries and light bulbs under there. Weird, I know... but it works for us! haha As you can see from the picture below this cabinet needed some help!

BEFORE

The medicine cabinet- EEK!

 AFTER
I pulled everything out and wiped it all down. There were a lot of things I threw away or added to my yard sale pile. I containerized the batteries, light bulbs, and odds and ends. I used another wire shelf to give me more room. You can't see it very well but I have a blue bin under here now with all our sunblock and bug spray. It will be easy to find come this summer! As you can tell I keep cleaning supplies under here too. I like to keep disinfecting wipes in every bathroom for quick counter and toilet wipe downs. I started doing this after I potty trained my first son-- he didn't have very good aim! He's also really good at leaving dirty finger prints all over the counter top.

The medicine cabinet is so bare now! I moved the meds that were in here to the kitchen with the other medications. I put my nail polish where it belongs and moved the sunblock to a bin below the sink. I used a small wire basket I purchased at The Dollar Store (came in a pack of 2) to keep the dog's flea and heart worm meds together.

An organized potty is a happy potty! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment