Thursday, February 24, 2011

{Weekly Challenge} The Launch Pad

Week two's challenge is to create a "launch pad", an area in your home to help launch you out the door. Idealy, this would be a mud room. However, I'm not lucky enough to have such a room.

This is the tiny area I have to work with.
Nothing too special, huh? It's a small area at the bottom of our stairs and next to the front door. So, on a recent trip to Ikea we bought this coat hanger.


It's actually two put together. They were only $4.99 each! Not bad.


I love my green purse :)


We also have another small hook in the kitchen for our keys. I've had this for about a year now.


I have this horse shoe hanging above our front door. It brings us good luck.

I'm still playing with the idea of hanging a floating shelf above the coat rack. But for now I bought these baskets and have the smaller one hanging from a hook. It's just some place we can toss small things like sunglasses.

LIDAN Basket, set of 2 white
I didn't take a picture of this hanging in my house- sorry.

This is what I wish I able to do in this space:

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I had the same coat hangers in my very first apartment...12 years ago! Gosh, I'm getting old...or maybe IKEA is?

    ReplyDelete